Today I want to talk about Youtube Fitness. There’ are a zillion free exercise classes available and it can be a little overwhelming narrowing in on a workout.
I’m easily bored with exercise and always down to switch things up.
Each year I seem to go through phases. I’ll lift weights a lot for a few months, get really into running for a while, then go through a barre phase, while yoga is more of a mainstay. I have my favorites and I seem to circle back around to them.
I like to keep my routine fun and exciting so that I don’t end up in a rut.
That’s why I love Youtube so freaking much, there’s so much variety.
When I’m not sure what kind of workout I want to do, I’ll just head over to Youtube and browse my list of channels. I love how the sidebar shows you when there is a new video available and you can save your favorites for later.
So I thought I’d share my go-to channels for anyone on the hunt…
1. Popsugar Fitness is my favorite for intense, sweaty, full body workouts. Although they have a nice variety of everything, I go to this channel for a good sweat. A lot of the classes are taught by celebrity trainers, but I really do love the main instructor Anna the best. She has really great energy.
a few favorites:
- 45-Minute Cardio and Toning Workout From Jennifer Lawrence’s
- A Total-Body Bootcamp to Tighten and Tone
- Torch 300 Calories in 30 Minutes With This Cardio Boot Camp
2. Boho Beautiful workouts are amazing. I’ve already professed my love in this post. The channel is mostly yoga, pilates, and body weight workouts which I love. The backdrop is always some beautiful beach and the instructor Juliana seems so sweet. Her voice is calming, cueing is on point, it’s easy to follow along, and most importantly you WILL feel the burn.
a few favorites (even though I’m having trouble choosing because I love them all):
- Fat Burning Cardio HIIT ♥ High-Intensity Interval Training (my favorite quick HIIT workout ever, seriously my go-to if I’m taking an early flight and need to squeeze a sweat session in)
- Ultimate Butt Challenge ♥ Glutes, Hamstrings & Quads (This new booty workout is on point, I’ve done it twice since it came out and I’m obsessed)
- Yin Yoga Class ♥ Release Stress & Feel Amazing in 30 Minutes (perfect for when you’re super tight, so relaxing)
- Best Pilates Workout ♥ Core Exercises For Weight Loss (love all the pilates workouts)
- Yoga To Cure ♥ Revitalize & Energize Your Body
3. Tone It Up has a cult following and for good reason because Karena and Katrina are incredibly inspiring. I’ve been following the girls for like 10 years now. They’re amazing, always coming out with new content, always evolving, so motivational, and inspiring. The workouts are challenging, but not exhausting, they include light to moderate weights, full body, and body specific.
a few favorites…
4. Yoga with Adriene is my favorite channel when I’m feeling lazy and I need to ease into the day. Her teaching style and overall energy are very calm, natural, free spirited. I love that she takes a while to get into the more challenging part of the flow, which is nice on days when I’m not feeling 1oo, you know what I mean? I love that she instructs us to not be “yoga robots” and to move more freely.
a few favorites…
5. Fitness Blender is by a husband and wife team that take turns instructing the videos. I love that the workouts are easy to follow along and they really explain the moves so I don’t get too confused. I love that the workouts are challenging, but accessible because they always offer modifications for those days when I don’t have a ton of energy. Plus they have really original exercise moves, not the same old burpees and jump squats.
a few favorites…
- HIIT Cardio Sweatfest Butt and Thigh Workout
- No Equipment Cardio: Fat Burning HIIT Workout with Warm Up Cardio (With Low Impact Modifications)
- HIIT Cardio + Butt and Thigh Workout: Fitness Blender’s 5 Day Challenge – Strong and Lean
The videos that I linked to are just a few of my faves, but there are hundreds more that I love.
In the comments, I’d love for you to share your favorite youtube channels and they don’t have to be fitness related, I love finding new inspiring people to follow.