I consider myself a skincare minimalist to some degree. I like to keep my routine relatively simple because it saves time and money.
Today I’m sharing my current daily skincare routine. Every product that I’m mentioning is something that I’ve been using for a while, they’re my essentials.
1. I wrote about the Sunday Riley ceramic slip clay cleanser before, but it’s definitely worth another mention. It makes my skin feel incredibly balanced, not too dry and just clean enough. I love it so much that I let it sit on my face all frothy for a minute before I rinse it off.
2. After that, I use Thayer’s rose petal witch hazel with a Whole Food’s organic cotton beauty pad (they’re incredibly soft) to tone my skin. I’ve been using this for years and can’t see that changing anytime soon. I love the smell of rose and how it makes my skin feel calm and refreshed.
3. Next, I use a pump of Juice Beauty’s stem cellular booster serum. I put it on my entire face very gently in circular motion. I love that it’s not outrageously expensive and it actually delivers results. It’s super light weight and absorbs almost immediately.
4. As I’m letting the serum fully seep in, I use Juice Beauty’s stem cellular anti-wrinkle eye cream. Like the serum, it’s light weight and it just works really well. I love how this line has zero fragrance, it almost feels like air on your skin. I put this on very gently in a circular motion massaging my eye area (kind of like a facialist). I like to think that the circles help with puffiness and circulation.
5. Last, I use a few drops of Trilogy rosehip oil. I warm it in my hand and then pat it on my face.
-Rosehip oil is non-comedogenic so it won’t make you break out like coconut oil.
-It locks in the goodness of serum and makes my face feel glowy.
-It seriously gets rid of acne scars so fast because it’s naturally high in antioxidants vitamin A and C.
-I’ve read that rosehip oil can go rancid fairly easily, so it’s good to store it in a cool/dark cabinet and close the jar tightly after use to minimize oxidation. I like that Trilogy’s oil comes in a dark tinted glass container because less sunlight exposure is best.