Today I’m sharing a recipe for one of my favorite salads. It’s funny because I make stuff all the time but I’m a total freestyler in the kitchen. When someone asks for the recipe to something, I don’t have anything to give them because I never measure or write things down. But since starting this blog, I’m getting in the habit of loosely noting ingredients as I go, then making it a second or third time so that I can really nail it down.
I hope you’ll enjoy this beautiful pink hued summer salad that tastes great with grilled chicken, fish, steak or shrimp…
For the dressing
- 4 strawberries washed and destemmed
- Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- several cracks of black pepper
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frothy, then set aside in a glass jar.
For the salad (serves 2-4 as a side salad)
- 1 small head of bibb lettuce washed and broken into pieces
- 1 half avocado thinly sliced
- 5-6 strawberries thinly sliced
- 2-3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Marcona almonds. (I just put them in the blender or food processor to chop them up a bit)
On a platter first layer the lettuce, then the avocado, the strawberries and then the radishes.
Next sprinkle with the chopped scallions, followed by the almond crumbles.
Drizzle the dressing over the top and it’s ready to serve.
-If I’m making it for myself and not trying to be fancy, I’ll just toss the ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing.