I’m proud to report that I worked out almost every day in Puerto Rico. I only skipped 2 days out of the 2 weeks (pats self on back LOL)
I wanted something with a structured schedule, but nothing too hardcore. I didn’t want to dread working out on vacay, you know?
The goal was to exercise daily and maintain my already established routine without stressing myself out.
Having been subscribed to the Boho Beautiful Youtube channel for a while, I was familiar with the style and it just felt right.
Admittedly my self-control isn’t the best on vacation and I like that Boho isn’t too hardcore. And since we’re being honest, hangovers and HIIT workouts don’t mesh very well.
Also, I knew that WIFI in Puerto Rico is not like WIFI in the U.S. and I couldn’t rely on streaming programs (like Physique 57) to get the job done.
I liked that I could purchase and download the videos to my laptop and only needed a light set of dumbbells and a yoga mat.
It was super convenient.
But, let’s not talk about the weight of my suitcase, thanks to said “light” dumbbells and yoga mat.
After purchasing the program, you can download the files immediately. I’d say it took me an hour to download them all because I organized them into folders by day. The downloads include 3-4 videos per each of the 10 days.
*The videos take up quite a bit of HD space, so keep that in mind. (They also sell a DVD version.)
What to expect:
- Each day includes an introduction, fitness, yoga, and meditation video. I like that it’s not just a fitness program, but more of a complete mind/body/soul guide. There’s even a vegan eating plan included, but I didn’t use that because I’m not a vegan.
- The 20-minute fitness videos are low impact, moderate intensity, mostly body weight, and include a lot of pilates inspired moves. Some days focus on the full-body, while others are body-part specific.
- There are 2 HIIT workouts included, but it’s not a cardio-centric program overall. (I took a couple days off of Boho to do some extra cardio in between because I love how cardio makes me feel and I genuinely crave it.)
- The 20-minute yoga videos are gentle with lots of flowing, stretching and some long holds.
- The meditation is nice, but I skipped it most of the days because I prefer meditating first thing in the morning.
I could tell that the creators put a whole lot of love into the product, they seem genuine, and I completely support entrepreneurs with that kind of energy. The workouts were great, the cueing was on point, and I certainly felt the burn.
Also, I really enjoyed the switch up from my normal higher intensity routine.